Certified Home Health Aide (East & West)Req #518
A paraprofessional person who is specifically trained, corripetent and performs assigned functions of personal care to the patient iii their residence iinder the direction, instniction and supervision of the registered nurse (RN).
- Must meet Medicare Conditions of Participation for Home Health Aide training program and
- Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and
- Ability to carry out directions, read and
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and
- Performs personal care, bath and hands-on care as
- Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per Agency
- Reports changes in the patient’s condition and needs to the
- Performs hoUsi211O1d services essential to health care in the home as
- Ainbulates and exercises the patient as
- Perforliis simple procedures as an extension of the therapy or nursing services, g., range of motion (ROM) exercises as assigned.
- Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as
- Attends inservice and contiliuing education programs as scheduled and
- Attends patient care conferences as
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
- Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager/RNs, PTs,OTs, SLPs