LPN Intake Coordinator
The LPN – Intake Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and the processing of all incoming homecare referrals for our Shaker Heights office. This professional is also responsible for obtaining all required information and documentation to process the referral in a timely / accurate manner.
- Coordinates intake calls pertaining to the referral and screens referrals for appropriateness.
- Processes all appropriate referrals via email, fax, Allscripts.
- Communicates with Regional Director, Branch Manager and Office Manager as to admission approvals.
- Verifies demographics and contact information for all new and returning clients.
- Accurately and timely enters referrals into EMR system for further processing.
- Upon completion of the intake process, communicate with client and or family member as to the start of care.
- Schedules all starts of care with appropriate nursing staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have an LPN license (Ohio)
- Current knowledge of state and federal homecare regulations
- Good knowledge of clinical terminology
- Significant customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear understanding of insurance related terminology process
- Familiar with using an EMR system