Physical Therapist (PRN)Req #521
A Registered Physical Therapist (PT) administers physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders arid plan of care under’ the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager.
- Graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, American Physical Therapy Association, or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association and American Physical Therapy
- Curi‘ently licensed in the state(s) in wllieh
- Two (2) years’ experience, preferi’ed.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Understands and adheres to established policies and
- Provides physician prescribed physical
- Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the
- Returns the individual to optimum and productive level within the patient’s
- Participates with all other home care personnel in patient care planning.
- Directs and supervises persoiuiel as
- Responsible for initial assessment, plan of care, maintenance program development and modifications and reassessments every 30 days.
- Performs all skilled procedures as ordered by
- Consults with physicians regarding change in
- Writes reports to physicians regarding patient’s
- Instructs patients and family/significant others in home prograiiis and activities of daily
- Participates in inservice programs and presents inservice programs as assigned.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as
- Attends all patient care conferences as
- Prepares clinical and progress
- Assists physician with evaluating level of
- Helps develop the plan of care and revise as
- Consults with family and Agency
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-I 0 codes.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
- Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager
- Workers Supervised: Physical Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide as assigned