Registered Nurse, RN (FT & PRN)Req #519
A Registered Nurse adiriinisters skilled nursing care to patients on ari intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction ated supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and cuiTently licensed in the state(s) in which
- Two (2) years’ nursing experience,
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing
- hiitiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Prepai‘es clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely rrianner as per Agency
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the i»at
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related
- Participates in and presents inservice
- Understands arid adheres to established Agency policies arid
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in Completes certifieatioifrecertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each individual
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/her
- Participates in peer review and Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement as
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-10 codes.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes
- Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager
- Workers Supervised: Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health Aide