POSITION SUMMARY Performs clerical/scheduling activities that facilitate Agency operations. These activities include coordination of employee schedules with client wants/needs, processing intake information, and communication with referral sources. REPORTS TO: Office Manager
QUALIFICATIONS • High school graduate; advanced education desirable. • Current staffing experience, preferably staffing for a temporary Agency or in home health. • Knowledge of medical terminology or a general medical background desirable. • Demonstrates strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. • Computer literate or willing to be trained on a personal computer. • Speaks, reads, writes, and comprehends English. • Demonstrates time management, organizational skills, and ability to function with minimal direction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY • Maintains schedule for services requested and provided to agency clients. • Assures that cases are filled within established time frames.
• Completes documentation (paper or automated system).
• Provides appropriate notification of schedule to employee, client, contract agency, supervisor, and others as appropriate.
• Monitors overtime and mileage records of employees.
• Responds to emergency calls and arranges schedule accordingly.
• Provides direction to direct care employees and communicates with supervisors as needed to assure safe and effective coverage of client needs.
• Assigns Agency staff to clients as directed by the licensed professional staff, care plan and service request.
• Assures employees receive complete and accurate directions and information about client needs as directed by licensed professional staff, care plan and service request.
• Reports any scheduling changes and/or client concerns to supervisor. Notifies client of changes and monitors employee performance in areas of dependability, responsiveness, timeliness, and client concerns.
• Participates in the evaluation and performance review of field staff.
• Verifies time records with schedules.
• Follows up with employee on scheduling problems encountered by the on-call staff.
• Participates in determining hiring needs.
• Minimizes substitution of employees and maximizes permanent coverage.
• Maintains adequate numbers of available on-call staff.
• Notifies Supervisor/Human Resource Department of staff needs.
• Meets with nursing and marketing staff to anticipate needed coverage (new clients increased needs).
• Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Respects the confidentiality of information in client and employee records.
• Shares information in accordance with Agency policy.
• Protects documents in a manner that prevents unauthorized access.
• Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures as well as community and professional standards.
• Assures compliance with applicable state, federal, CHAP, and Joint Commission standards.
• Attends meetings and educational programs as required.
• Accepts responsibility for personal and professional development.
• Participates in the Agencys ongoing quality improvement activities.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS The information below is intended to describe the general context/requirements for performance of this job. During a typical workday, this position requires the activities listed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not limit the assignment of additional duties.