Central Intake AssistantReq #542
CARE WITHOUT COMPROMISE, BETTER CARE IN BETTER HANDS.
The Central Intake Assistant is responsible for assisting the Corporate Intake Specialist with the coordination and the processing of all incoming homecare referrals. This position is located in our Shaker Heights office and will support all 4 Altimate Care branch locations throughout Ohio. The Central Intake Assistant is responsible for helping to obtain all required information and documentation to process the referral in a timely/accurate manner.
Altimate Care provides home health services to our patients by delivering one on one nursing care in our patients’ homes. This helps promote healing, reduces stress and allows the client to remain in their home. We’re seeking a Central Intake Assistant to join our team!
- Review referrals on Global Platforms to determine viability
- Assists in the organization of clinical information
- Verifying insurance – including, but not limited to in network coverage, auth required, and verification of billing codes
- Assist in fielding referral calls
- In addition to Global Platforms, monitor main fax and email for any/all referrals
- Assists in verification of demographics, primary care physician and contact information for all new and returning clients
- Monitors TEAM Chat with a sense of urgency for incoming direct referrals
- Data entry into EMR system for further processing accurately and timely
- Exceptional communication skills to educate the patient/family and coordinate the initiation of services with the Corporate LPN and staffing team
- Keep SMARTSHEET updated daily
- Any other tasks defined by Corporate LPN
- Previous experience in the medical field preferred
- Current knowledge of state and federal homecare regulations
- Customer service and phone etiquette skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Basic understanding of insurance verification process preferred
- Previous experience with use of EMR systems
- Excellent computer skills required
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities a must
What is in it for YOU?
- Organization that cares about YOU, promoting a work-life balance
- Support for YOU from your employer
- YOU can make a difference!
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
This service area covers the following counties…